Newborns can be tough. Even after being fed, they can cry for hours, seemingly without reason. Fortunately, there’s a thing called swaddling. Swaddling wraps a baby snugly to recreate the warm, cozy conditions of the womb. Research shows that swaddling is an effective way to calm a newborn and help them sleep. It also helps their fragile bodies keep nice and warm. But be careful–when done improperly, swaddling can be a risk to your baby. Always make sure that you follow the correct steps when it comes to a swaddle.
How to Swaddle an Infant
- Choose a blanket for your baby that is comfortable, soft, and breathable. Lay it out in a diamond shape, and fold down one corner.
- Place your baby face-up with their head just above the level of the folded edge. Take the right side of the blanket and fold it across your baby, tucking it underneath their right side and leaving their right arm out.
- Take the bottom corner of the blanket and pull it over your baby’s feet. Make sure that their hips can move freely and that their legs are not drawn up too high. Infant hip dysplasia can result when a newborn’s legs and hips are too immobilized.
- Take the left side of the blanket, pull it securely across your baby and tuck it in to hold the swaddle together.
- Cross your fingers and hope that the swaddle stays when your infant starts squirming.
Shouldn’t things be simpler than this?
Introducing the 10 Second Swaddle
At BundleBee, we’ve perfected the art of the swaddle. Our easy swaddle blankets are soft, safe, and comfortable, giving babies a warm feeling of security and better support than a normal swaddling blanket. Parents can keep infants warm and content without worrying about hip displacement from a swaddle that’s too tight. What’s so great about BundleBee?
- Built-in back and neck support
- High quality, cooling cotton
- Featherlight filling
- Coconut fiber padding
- Easy swaddle
- Cuter than all your other swaddling blankets – perfect for baby shower gifts!
Don’t take our word for it; see for yourself why parents love BundleBee baby wraps.